Popular Speaker Tapes:
- Betty F. – Denial and the “Hidden Alcoholic” by Famous AA Speakers 78 Votes | 3.4 Stars
- Quit playing God! by Russel S 60 Votes | 3.4 Stars
- Hazelden: A Night to Remember – 2009 by Earl H 59 Votes | 3.71 Stars
- Step 4 & 7 – The Value of Suffering by Russel S 111 Votes | 3.55 Stars
- Tom B. Jr. – Emotional Sobriety & Perfectionism (very solid message) by Tom B 255 Votes | 3.84 Stars
- The 12 Steps | part 1 of 2 by Earl H 82 Votes | 3.38 Stars
- Steps 1 & 2 – 1995 by Sandy Beach 217 Votes | 3.47 Stars
- Doctor, Alcoholic, and Addict by Dr. Paul O 106 Votes | 3.5 Stars
- Sandy B at Gulf Shores Alabama February 2008 by Sandy Beach 88 Votes | 3.5 Stars
- Part 1 – Back to The Basics of Awakening by Sandy B - Spirituality Retreat 2008 76 Votes | 3.93 Stars
This was a terrific lead. I’ve been sober since August 12, 1979. I had the great pleasure of knowing three men who knew Dr. Bob and Bill W. when AA got started. I don’t know if they were among the first 100, but if they were not, they were close to it. One of them was one of the founders of the Gordon Square here in Cleveland before the group even had a name. Bill Stock said it started in people’s homes before it moved to Gordon Square at West 65 and Detroit Ave. The history he used to share with me!
Felt goosebumps again and again as I listened to this man’s testimony on the development and early days of AA.
Wonderful old timer. Fascinating history of early AA