Aragon Speakers Meeting (CA) has
152 speaker tapes.
Next Page Go to Page:
- Marilyn S – A “Hidden Gem” Local Speaker Message: 21 Votes | 3.81 Stars
- 2013 10 11 jack g huntington beach: 15 Votes | 4.2 Stars
- 2012 03 30 andrea w san clemente: 10 Votes | 3.8 Stars
- Tom W – 2011: 10 Votes | 3.1 Stars
- 2009 09 18 bob d temecula: 9 Votes | 4.67 Stars
- Steve S – newport beach – 2008: 7 Votes | 3.14 Stars
- 2010 09 10 sarah x carlsbad: 7 Votes | 3.57 Stars
- 2013 10 04 joe c san diego: 6 Votes | 4 Stars
- Mary O – Breaking Down The Steps – 2014: 6 Votes | 3.33 Stars
- Dow O – Actions Lead to Higher Power – 1987: 5 Votes | 4.8 Stars
- 2014 04 11 astrid h grenada hills: 4 Votes | 4 Stars
- Dick W – oceanside 2011: 3 Votes | 3.67 Stars
- 2012 11 23 kathleen o san clemente: 3 Votes | 4.33 Stars
- 2014 03 28 pat o mission viejo: 3 Votes | 5 Stars
- Bart – Truth in Sobriety: 3 Votes | 4.33 Stars
- Katie R – Funny, the Facade of Success, Spirituality – 2013: 3 Votes | 5.33 Stars
- 2008 05 16 dan e anaheim hills: 3 Votes | 2.33 Stars
- 2011 01 01 eric b san clemente: 3 Votes | 4.67 Stars
- 2013 01 18 glenda r mission viejo: 2 Votes | 4.5 Stars
- 2011 01 01 donna b mission viejo: 2 Votes | 3 Stars
- 2011 12 30 jill h newport beach: 2 Votes | 3.5 Stars
- 2012 11 30 leslie f dana point: 2 Votes | 4.5 Stars
- 2011 11 04 mary o irvine: 2 Votes | 2 Stars
- 2011 01 01 diana l san diego: 2 Votes | 4 Stars
- 2011 07 29 bobby d irvine: 2 Votes | 3 Stars
- 2013 08 09 fernando m tustin: 2 Votes | 3 Stars
- 2012 10 19 kip m costa mesa: 2 Votes | 2.5 Stars
- 2013 06 14 carla r tujunga: 2 Votes | 4.5 Stars
- 2012 09 07 ann b san clemente: 2 Votes | 3 Stars
- 2012 03 09 kimberli a long beach: 2 Votes | 4.5 Stars
Next Page Go to Page:
Unfortunately, th a Aragon website dies not exist right now.
you go, John.For what it’s worth, I, and the recovering community at large, benefits from your efforts. I don’t think the spirt of the Traditions is served by proprietary behavior about what is shared “for free and for fun”. Your site rocks.
I have to respectfully disagree with your comment on multiple fronts; it appears like “contempt prior to investigation” frankly.
You have accused me of “carelessness, thoughtlessness, and alcoholic behavior”, and “you are taking while contributing nothing.”
Let’s examine the facts.
1. The fact that this site gets:
almost 1,500 visits a DAY
over 28,000 “play tape” events per month
multiple thanks and gratitude from listeners who are geographically removed from meetings (once described as a “life-saver”)
demonstrates it is making a very significant contribution.
Please note that I contributed over $2,250 of my own money, plus well over 700 hours of my own time over 7 months in developing the organizational infrastructure and uploading over 1TB of audio to the site so it functions like a deep, well-categorized library of tapes that is by far the easiest to navigate of any speaker tape site on the web. The fact that google now sends so much traffic to it demonstrates that in the eyes of the #1 search engine, the content on this site is relevant, valuable, and worth it’s customer’s consideration.
2. This site was developed SPECIFICALLY to fill a major hole that many speaker tapes sites exactly like yours don’t provide – the ability to provide CONTEXT to a speaker tape, and be used with speed and ease over a mobile device. Your site ONLY shows a file name that does not give the potential listener ANY contextual information what the tape is about or if it is worth their time to listen to, and is not mobile-phone friendly. Tapes on this site can be given context in multiple ways, which is very helpful to the potential listener to hone in on a message that they wish to hear. It helps potentiate the ability of an individual tape to “carry the message to the alcoholic who still suffers” – which if one cares about a 5th Tradition purpose is rather important. A relevant tape can be found and played within 2 clicks. To that end, this site is better at that purpose than any other on the web (for now – someone will build an even better site eventually :).
3. The message of the San Clemente group is spread much more effectively here than on your site, as this site ranks for over 1800 keywords and receives almost 1500 visits a day and growing. An example – Astrid H was found on your site, her message is excellent, is well-rated, and she gets a lot of listeners (over 600/month). Had that tape not been on this site, her message would not have been distributed as far and wide as it has. The Aragon Speaker Meeting page itself gets over 550 visits a month, and I frankly can’t count how many individual tapes are being played.
Please explain how the above is “careless, thoughtless, and contributing nothing”.
Given the overarching 5th Tradition purpose for carrying the message, preserving what you believe is yours (e.g., “remove OUR tapes“), being more interested that you get the credit it seems, without considering the purpose and needs of the larger community that would benefit from to listening to the message contained within seems a very provincial and selfish attitude not supported by any tradition. It appears you have not even considered the value and service provided by having the tapes hosted here, at my expense, where they can be found and broadcast far and wide.
If your argument is that I should have asked for permission first, I simply defer to the the 5th Tradition overriding that in the interest of simple practicality. If I had to ask for permission for every tape, the site would have never been built – and what a shame that would have been, don’t you think? I’m simply not seeing an ethical problem here, and if there is, let God handle it. The site’s increasing usage suggests that it is closer to God’s Will than not IMHO.
Your “8th Step” demand seems really self-righteous and, for lack of a more accurate term, stupid. What harm is done having the message of the Aragon group available here? I would suggest that throwing around unproductive accusations and inaccurate, thoughtless judgments appears to be selfish alcoholic behavior and possibly shows a lack of emotional sobriety on your part. Consider having your sponsor review your comment as it may be and helpful example in seeing things “right sized” and in developing some humility. I don’t think I need to put this on my 8th step list, but you sure may want to consider it.
Lastly, you may wish to consider voicing your concerns in the framework of a productive and PRIVATE discussion next time if you wish for me to consider them, rather than an adolescent, egoic public shout-down. After all, us alcy’s can be defiant, if you remember that from the Big Book – calling me a “charlatan” after all the work I’ve put in here and then expecting me to acquiesce to your demands is pretty unrealistic.
Remove our recordings from your website immediately!! The recordings listed on this page were recorded at the Aragon Speaker Meeting in San Clemente, CA. The recording, post-production and our website http://aragonspeakers.org/ are all AT OUR OWN EXPENSE. By putting them on this website without contacting us or asking for permission (or including us in an 8th-step list), the charlatans at recoveryaudio.org are exhibiting careless, thoughtless, and alcoholic behavior. You are TAKING while contributing nothing. Keep comin’ back 🙂