Chris R is an impassioned, engaging speaker, but is likely one of the most controversial on the circuit and has some EXCEPTIONALLY strong opinions about the content of AA Meetings in general.
His Sponsor was the late and especially gifted speaker Mark Houston (who has an excellent story and deep experience as well).
Chris R has
24 speaker tapes.
Go to Page:
- Chris R: Self-Centeredness, Inventory, Step 4: 308 Votes | 3.6 Stars
- The Spiritual Malady & Depression: 112 Votes | 3.62 Stars
- On “Chicken-Sh*t Recovery One Liners”…: 108 Votes | 3.82 Stars
- “The Edge”: 100 Votes | 3.86 Stars
- Open Discussion AA Meetings Water Down The AA Message!!: 99 Votes | 3.58 Stars
- Relapse Prevention: 87 Votes | 3.9 Stars
- On “Singleness of Purpose”: 55 Votes | 3.58 Stars
- A 12-Step Happening: 52 Votes | 3.92 Stars
- The Alcoholic’s “Internal Condition”: 48 Votes | 3.71 Stars
- “Let’s Chat About These War Stories, Huh!!?…”: 47 Votes | 3.6 Stars
- Chris R on Carrying the Message – Funny! 2004: 46 Votes | 3.78 Stars
- Chris R – Primary Purpose Group London: 39 Votes | 3.15 Stars
- Chris R Sunday Evening: 34 Votes | 3.94 Stars
- Port St. Lucie, FL in 2013: 31 Votes | 3.65 Stars
- What the Fellowship is About: 24 Votes | 3.42 Stars
- Our Stories are Different – But Feelings at the Bottom are the Same: 21 Votes | 3.57 Stars
- Chris R at the Area 76 Fall Convention: 19 Votes | 4 Stars
- Chris R in Clarkston 2010: 17 Votes | 3.82 Stars
- Chris R in 2009 – Tape Summary and Tags Requested!: 17 Votes | 4.06 Stars
- Sacramento 2006: 16 Votes | 3.63 Stars
- Sacramento 2005: 15 Votes | 4.2 Stars
- Chris R in Sumter – 2010: 13 Votes | 4.23 Stars
- Pearl City, IL in 2003: 12 Votes | 4 Stars
- High Point Presentation – 2009: 8 Votes | 3.25 Stars
Go to Page:
What’s contraversal. Its all from the book of Recovery. No opinions no shit just facts.
Chris R. is spot on the mark. My sobriety date is the same year as Chris’ and we share the connection to an AA that was “by the book”.
The term “Big Book Thumper” is frequently used as an insult, or in a derogatory fashion by those practicing “fellowship recovery” (i.e. no recovery at all). That term has been focused on me for decades. I wear the title as a badge of honor to the “textbook” that leads us to, “Having had a spiritual awakening as THE (emphasis is mine) result of these steps…”.
Thank you Chris!
You and your evil twin are my favorite speakers I have learned so much from you both I have implemented your suggestions in my recovery when i sponsor the Big book has came back to life again !
My favorite Prayer ..Thank You …… Amen 🙂
Thank god for this whole mess we’re in right now, and I say that in the most sincere way. If hadn’t forced to look out for the true message of this program without the benefit of groups(all ‘virtually’ offered in my area for part of this thing) I wouldn’t have gotten the message. I still have lots of work to do with this program, but thanks to improving my ‘conscious contact with god’ the desire to drink has been in a precipitous retreat. Prayer, mediation, and god along with the tears they seem to have brought have been the solution, god really could if he were sought. Amen and thank you Chris R
Chris R answered many of my questions plus helped me understand I’m lucky to still be sober even though I haven’t sponsored anyone or take them through all 12 steps. I have 12 1/2 yrs. sober but was baffled why “the women don’t want me to sponsor them” and now I understand this is a misperception on my part. Plus I understand sponsorship is about getting them through the steps not using the women to show off. Meetings, Meetings, Meetings almost killed me. Today I go to two women’s meetings, step and big book, because I learned God has saved my life and now it’s up to me to save another. I would love more tapes on sponsorship. Thank you
Donna, on the home page there’s a link to a slew of tapes that contain sponsorship as a topic…
Chris shoots straight up and hard. His approach has helped my recovery immensely. I appreciate him sharing his focus on the book and the steps, the way the program was meant to be worked.