Popular Speaker Tapes:
- Anthony H. @ Union Park Group in Orlando – 1996 by Famous AA Speakers 213 Votes | 3.48 Stars
- Unblocking The Power – Steps 4-9 by "The Power to Get Free" - Joe H 80 Votes | 3.53 Stars
- Relapse Prevention by Chris R 88 Votes | 3.9 Stars
- Alcoholic Self-Centeredness by Jerry J 260 Votes | 3.35 Stars
- The Ego’s Biggest Worry 🙂 by Sandy Beach 227 Votes | 3.78 Stars
- Jack B – Steps 1-6 in Darwin, Australia by Jack Brennan 50 Votes | 3.16 Stars
- Hilarious Story & The Solution Presented Simply by Earl H 790 Votes | 3.56 Stars
- Earl H- Steps 03-05 by Earl H 104 Votes | 3.49 Stars
- Mildred F – Step 4, Fear & Sex ,19th. Spring Conference Cocoa Beach – 2009 by 50 Votes | 3.62 Stars
- Eric C in 2000 & Stevie Ray V in 1990 by Famous AA Speakers 74 Votes | 3.35 Stars
Oh, I get it… I’ve spent a few hours a time sitting in my car at the beach, praying while listening to Sandy B play in the background and weathering the emotional storm. Lifeboat… 🙂
Glad to pass it on… and a huge “thank you” to you guys for this site, your dedication is evident and very much appreciated. It’s good to know it’s there, anytime of the day or night, for this alcoholic at time’s it’s been a God send (get it?!). :)))
Very cool stuff. Real, empirically driven scientific research did not start until the 1990’s. These research docs talk about their findings since that time – and it confirms what we of course already know, but goes into detail as to the cause/effects of why it works.
First scientist talks about studies, second scientist talk mostly about data regarding the effects of service.
We’re a fascinating lot to scientists! Intro by Dr John Kelly, Research Scientist re. cause & effect studies: Project Match – AA having highest percentage of success, the working mechanism being attendance at meetings/changing our social/coping skills. Women and men benefit differently from AA, interesting! Main speaker Dr Begano – Service is to alcoholism like exercise is to obesity. Overview: “warped lense”/skewed perception; self absorption/narcissism; blind spots/effects on others. Proof in solutions: Active service cuts chances of relapse by HALF. Sense of belonging fills the misfit syndrome/pervasive loneliness. Sharing our past, keeping memories fresh, helps others and ourselves. High God Conscience but Low in Service = Faith without Works is Dead. This is fantastic listening, I thoroughly enjoyed and understood their “findings” and the reaffirmation of the importance of service within AA.
Thanks a bunch for that write-up Sue – added a much better title and added tags. Shared on Facebook Wall as well.
This tape is going to rise quickly in the ratings, thanks for finding it!!