Popular Speaker Tapes:
- 2. Finding the Power – Steps 2 & 3 by "The Power to Get Free" - Joe H 93 Votes | 3.28 Stars
- Step 6 Talk by Russel S 55 Votes | 3.96 Stars
- Step 4 & 7 – The Value of Suffering by Russel S 111 Votes | 3.55 Stars
- Being Beth Just Wasn’t Enough! by Beth H 95 Votes | 3.74 Stars
- On “Singleness of Purpose” by Chris R 55 Votes | 3.58 Stars
- Alcoholic Self-Centeredness by Jerry J 260 Votes | 3.35 Stars
- Chris S in Hoboken 2006 by Chris S 64 Votes | 3.64 Stars
- His Story – Humorous, Covering Many Topics by Scott R 170 Votes | 3.51 Stars
- Anthony H – Pacific Group Meeting by Famous AA Speakers 127 Votes | 3.65 Stars
- Spiritual Principles – 2002 by Sandy Beach 89 Votes | 3.84 Stars
Clancy’s tapes are informational! I understand AA now. Thank you Bill’s friends for all the tapes on here.
This talk was also called “Alcoholism: A disease of perception”
Clancy on a panel of experts in the field of alcoholism (he is only speaker on this tape). In his usual way of telling humorous stories that lead to something deep, he gives overview of different approaches that have been taken to “cure” alcoholism, from medicine to religion to psychiatry. Good alcoholism treatment history. Ends with discussion on the conclusion that alcohol isn’t the problem for alcoholics — it is a disease of perception. Can be tagged with AA history, institutions, spiritual malady, insanity. Funny, too!
Awesome Constance, title changed and tags added – thank you again!!