Popular Speaker Tapes:
- The Archway to Freedom – Steps 7-12 by Keith L 62 Votes | 3.29 Stars
- Dead Men Talking – Both Funny and Serious, Especially Good for Newcomers by Earl H 52 Votes | 4.04 Stars
- On “Singleness of Purpose” by Chris R 55 Votes | 3.58 Stars
- Unblocking The Power – Steps 4-9 by "The Power to Get Free" - Joe H 80 Votes | 3.53 Stars
- Audrey C. (Dallas) on March 10 2012 by 53 Votes | 3.34 Stars
- Next Steps – Emotional Sobriety – Part 1 by Emotional Sobriety Workshop - Dave F and Mark Houston 80 Votes | 3.73 Stars
- Paul F Step Workshop – Step 1 by Paul F 77 Votes | 3.38 Stars
- Steps 10 & 11 by Sandy Beach 210 Votes | 3.45 Stars
- Hazelden: A Night to Remember – 2009 by Earl H 59 Votes | 3.71 Stars
- Practicing “The Presence of the Now” by Sandy B - Spirituality Retreat 2008 177 Votes | 3.6 Stars
Brilliant, thanks for making sobriety a fun way of life and humorous in the hard times.
So much in Burns’ talk I’m downloading it to listen in to in the car, there’s a wealth of stuff here I wouldn’t know what to tag. I love that he identifies it can get “goofy” out there sober! Just a few… “Thems that don’t go to meetings don’t hear what happens to thems that don’t go to meetings”, and meetings being a gentle reminder of what we are, “If I forget what I am, I’ll lose who I am”. A resentment can turn into a gift. Relapses – a common thread of quitting going to meetings, a key point of alcoholism is not being able to remember with sufficient power what happened to us the last time we got drunk. Burns delivers a very funny but very very strong message, I can identify with his journey and all the hiccups along the way. I won’t go on… this is a good one at any stage of sobriety.
Thanks Sue, Tags added 🙂