Popular Speaker Tapes:
- The Archway to Freedom – Steps 7-12 by Keith L 62 Votes | 3.29 Stars
- Tom B. Jr. – Emotional Sobriety & Perfectionism (very solid message) by Tom B 255 Votes | 3.84 Stars
- Bob D – Surrender by Bob D 247 Votes | 3.89 Stars
- Finding and Connecting To Your Higher Power by Sandy Beach 82 Votes | 3.66 Stars
- Lynbrook PPG 20110719 Sadik – Steps 1-3 by Primary Purpose Group - Lynbrook, NY 56 Votes | 3.61 Stars
- A Spiritual Malady – May 2012 by Sandy Beach 173 Votes | 3.48 Stars
- Emotional Sobriety @ West Ptld Group by Sharon B 77 Votes | 3.52 Stars
- “Access the Power” – 46th Tri-State Convention in Mt. Vernon, IL – 2006 by Bob D 67 Votes | 3.76 Stars
- Relapse Prevention by Chris R 87 Votes | 3.9 Stars
- On “Singleness of Purpose” by Chris R 55 Votes | 3.58 Stars
This seems to be one of the latest Clarence’s speeches. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for making it available to us! Thank you!
He mentions his 44th sobriety anniversary in this speech, so it must be from 1982. Clarence Snyder lived to see his 46 year sobriety anniversary.
Clarence’s entire twelve step guide, the precise way he took alcoholics through the steps, his list of 20 character defects and of their opposites – divine virtues, and what to do about them, can be found in the form of the workbook “Our AA Legacy. The 12 Step Guide for Those Who Want to Recover”. I used that workbook to understand the meaning of the steps and to take the steps and it worked 100%! Clarence was and forever will be my sponsor.
The publisher of the workbook made it available for free download here:
Great to hear Juanita, glad its helping you along 🙂
Mr. Clarence simplified it enough for me to understand that it is the “Program”, and our relationship to our Higher Power and then those in the Program. This has helped me not to overthink and analyze personalities and concepts individually, but rather to see the bigger picture.
Thank you for everyone’s hard work and dedication into making these tapes available at no cost and with ease of the computer/internet. (I appreciate you all for this gift as I live at least an hour away from the closest meeting to me. )
Terrific! Original old timer! Talks about how it works, steps, spirituality, God. Solid for newcomers as well as people with time.
The best tape ever. Love his explanation of his higher power. I truly love how he explained it.
Clarence makes mention of a list of 20 Character Defects to be aware of when filling out the 4th column of our inventory – nice:
1. Resentment, Anger
2. Fear, Cowardice
3. Self pity
4. Self justification
5. Self importance, Egotism
6. Self condemnation, Guilt
7. Lying, Evasiveness, Dishonesty
10. False pride, Phoniness, Denial
16. Negative Thinking
17. Immoral thinking
18. Perfectionism, Intolerance
19. Criticizing, Loose Talk, Gossip