Popular Speaker Tapes:
- Open Discussion AA Meetings Water Down The AA Message!! by Chris R 99 Votes | 3.58 Stars
- The Ego’s Biggest Worry 🙂 by Sandy Beach 227 Votes | 3.78 Stars
- Spiritual Principles – 2002 by Sandy Beach 89 Votes | 3.84 Stars
- Next Steps – Step 2 – (Part 3) by Emotional Sobriety Workshop - Dave F and Mark Houston 53 Votes | 3.96 Stars
- Chuck C – “A New Pair of Glasses” Part 1 by A New Pair of Glasses 101 Votes | 3.48 Stars
- Early Sobriety – Walking Through the Challenges | 2006 by Earl H 54 Votes | 3.56 Stars
- Sandy B: 3 Laughs a Minute, Great for Newcomers & Sponsors Alike by Sandy Beach 60 Votes | 3.82 Stars
- “Access the Power” – 46th Tri-State Convention in Mt. Vernon, IL – 2006 by Bob D 67 Votes | 3.76 Stars
- The Archway to Freedom – Steps 7-12 by Keith L 62 Votes | 3.29 Stars
- Keith L – “Spiritual Gifts” by Keith L 69 Votes | 3.84 Stars
Great tape AND great message!!Can,t argue with anything!!
Chris was exactly who I needed to hear the first time my sponsor gave me a cd of his. It started me on a search for more. Which lead me to Katie P and Charlie P, Chris S, and Mark H. On to Chuck Chamberlain. Bob D.
I am so grateful to have found these people. And then this website. All from my sponsor handing me a cd and saying “You should listen to this”.
Chris R makes such great points about how NOT to relate to newcomers – by scaring the hell out of them with endless War Stories that they may NOT be able to relate to. Our responsibility to share our stories AND the solution.
Chris talk goes about 35 mins, then his message is summarized by another speaker (who is a bit more calm about it 🙂 Good stuff.
This is what scared me out of AA the first time I attended a meeting. I was nothing like the “tornado” described in the book, and nothing like those who spoke at that meeting.
That said, once I committed to the program, I agree with Chris’ perspective (but maybe might wish his delivery was toned down:)